Our mission at SkyTowner is simple:
To create a centralized hub equipped with powerful search for free top-tier technical resources about data science
We are looking for talents who will join us in this mission by sharing their knowledge and skills to the data science community.
Why publish on SkyTowner?
SkyTowner is for you if you:
- enjoy writing high-quality and professional content. Unlike other publication sites, we set the bars high and don't publish low-quality content. This means that your articles will not be drowned underneath a wave of low-quality posts.
- want to improve your technical writing skills - your submissions will undergo rigorous peer review before publication.
- want to give back to the SkyTowner community if you benefit from the platform.
- want to build up your portfolio and showcase your skills and knowledge for credibility. All your submissions and contributions will be shown in your profile page. Here's an example.
Topics to write about
In principle, we publish articles related to data science, which includes topics such as:
- Python (sorry, we don't write about R)
- Python's data science libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib)
- Statistics, linear algebra, calculus, machine learning, AI
- Computer science topics (e.g. database systems, algorithms)
If there's a topic you're passionate about that is only loosely related to data science, reach out to us and let's chat!
Types of articles
In essence, SkyTowner's resources can be classified into 3 categories:
- documentation is your classic technical reference that explains the usage of a particular API.
- recipes are bite-sized articles that explain how to achieve a particular task.
- guides are long-form content that cover a topic in depth.
Documentation and recipes are much easier to write, and will be readily accepted.
Flow of publication
The flow of publication is as follows:
Since we value quality over quantity, we may not be able to approve articles that do not meet certain standards. In such cases, we will provide feedback as to how you can improve on the article.
Pillars of SkyTowner
SkyTowner's articles are:
- written in idiomatic English
- concise without needless bloat
- clear with minimal examples and explanations
Please consult our writing guidelines for more detail.
Reputation points awarded will be based on the type of content you submit:
- 50 points for documentation
- 50 points for recipes
- 150 points for guides
Depending on the milestones you achieve (e.g. 100 likes for an article), you will receive more points.
Bads and Goods
Bad: If you want to add an element to a list:
Good: To add an element to a list:
Terms and conditions for publication
- Your articles will be published under the license of Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International.
- You can only publish the original article (the one that you submitted) to other websites such as your own blog. This means that if others have edited your article, you cannot publish the edited version - you can only publish the original article that you wrote yourself.
- Published articles cannot be removed. This is because others may have already invested time and effort in reviewing/editing the article.
- You are granting rights for others to edit your work, given that the edits are constructive. You will remain as the core author of the article.
For the general terms and conditions of SkyTowner, please consult here.
Please feel to join our Discord server and directly reach out to Isshin, Arthur or Eva. Happy to talk with you 🙂